Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pierce Brosnan takes over as James Bond in GOLDENEYE


I remember this day like it was yesterday. Back in 1994 when it was announced Pierce Brosnan would be assuming the role of superspy James Bond for the film Goldeneye. I was ecstatic. When they announced it, there was a media blitz rivaling a king or prince coronation. It was that big of a deal. History shows that Pierce was offered the role of Bond a few years ago but could not get out of his contract with NBC for the TV series Remington Steele. Which was a good warm up role for Brosnan as he got to look dapper and be witty. Timothy Dalton ended up getting the role and he lasted just two films. So when the time came again to cast a new Bond, there was no doubt who should play him. Pierce Brosnan. When Goldeneye finally premiered in November of 1995, it was awesome. I saw it three times at the theaters. Loving it more and more each time I saw it. Goldeneye would become my favorite Bond film of all time. Pierce would play Bond in a total of four films. And he would become my 2nd favorite Bond actor. Well I kind of flip flop between him and Roger Moore. Anyway, just thought this would make a cool post describing when Pierce became Bond for the first time. And a new chapter in this long running series was added to this legendary franchise.

No comments: