Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Who will be Wonder Woman?

It appears that a live-action Wonder Woman movie is in the works again. There is no story or actress attached yet, but Warner Bros announced it on it's production slate for next year. And Wizard magazine made a list of the top 5 actresses who should be considered for the part of our favorite Amazon. Usually Wizard is pretty accurate when it come to casting comic book movies.  Most likely this would be a series of movies so that's why their ages are listed. Because whoever gets the part, may end up playing our Amazon for several films. And whoever gets the coveted role, they certainly will have big shoes to fill, following in the footsteps of Lynda Carter. So here's my take on their choices.


GEMMA ARTERTON (26) - British actress who is currently riding a crest of successful films including Clash of the Titans, Quantum Solace, and the recent award worthy film, Tamara Drewe. Seems like a good choice and I do like her as an actress.

JESSICA BIEL (28) - No question that Ms. Biel could not handle all the action that would be required to play Wonder Woman. Having starred in Blade: Trinity and this summer's A-Team. Plus she is a capable enough actress...check her out in The Illusionist.

LAURA VANDERVOORT (26) - I thought Laura made a terrific Supergirl on the TV series, Smallville. But evidently I'm in the minority on that, judging by how many fans didn't like her. She was the only reason I watched Smallville for that year. And despite her trademark blonde hair, I can see her as a potential Wonder Woman. But that's just me.

AMANDA RIGHETTI (27) - Got to be considered the dark horse of the group. Amanda is mainly known for the TV series, The Mentalist. And while she has the looks and stature to be WW, I don't know about her as much as the others.

MISSY PEREGRYM (28) - And finally Missy, who is my pick to play Diana. She has played on series such as Smallville, Heroes, and the short lived, now cult classic series Reaper. She just seems right to me. She's got my vote.

I would be interested in what everyone else thought of the choices listed and maybe someone else who might make a great Wonder Woman.

5 comments:

Tom said...

Monty, I think my first pick might be Megan Fox, but her acting is a problem. I think I like Missy - good choice. I saw her in that gymnast movie with Jeff Bridges.

Unknown said...

I GARY LOUIS TRIESELMANN ABSOLUTELY! AGREE!100 PERCENT! THAT MISSY PEREGRYM WOULD BE PERFECT! AS WONDER WOMAN MISSY PEREGRYM IS VERY BEAUTIFUL! & VERY TALENTED! & VERY INTELLIGENT! PLEASE? CONSIDER MISSY PEREGRYM FOR THE PART ROLE SINCERELY GARY LOUIS TRIESELMANN OF KITCHENER, ONTARIO, CANADA N2G4L7 ( MISSY PEREGRYM S BEST LONGTIME GOOD CHRISTIAN FRIEND ALWAYS! )

Unknown said...

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE THAT MISSY PEREGRYM WOULD BE THE PERFECT YOUNG LADY! TO PORTRAY PLAY THE ROLE OF DIANA IN HERO WORSHIP!MISSY MELISSA PEREGRYM IS SO VERY TALENTED AND VERY INTELLIGENT YOUNG LADY! &MISSY IS SO AMAZING BEAUTIFUL! PLEASE? GIVE MISSY PEREGRYM THE ROLE PART FROM GARY LOUIS TRIESELMANN (MELISSA MISSY PEREGRYM S BEST GOOD LONGTIME CHRISTIAN FRIEND ALWAYS!

Unknown said...

YES I DO AGREE THAT MISSY PEREGRYM WOULD BE PERFECT FOR THE NEXT WONDER WOMAN ROLE MISSY PEREGRYM IS SUCH A EXCELLENT ACTERESS!&EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL! MISSY PEREGRYM IS!

Unknown said...

YES I DO AGREE THAT MISSY PEREGRYM WOULD BE PERFECT FOR THE NEXT WONDER WOMAN ROLE MISSY PEREGRYM IS SUCH A EXCELLENT ACTERESS!&EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL! MISSY PEREGRYM IS!